As musicians, we know that others often have the answers to our problems.
We take private music lessons, go to school, read and learn from the people who have come before us.
Your business life is no different!
Whether you're in need of some inspiration to get the creative juices flowing, or you just need to know that others have faced similar challenges in their lives, reading some good, old fashioned quotes will get you up and moving in no time!
Below are 40 of my favourite business and creativity related quotes which I have collected over the last few years.
This is just a selection of my favourites, and I have SO MANY more that I love to read over from time to time, but I hope they resonate for you as much as they do for me!
1. "The essential question is not, 'How busy are you?' but 'What are you busy at?” - Oprah Winfrey
2. "There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all." - Peter Drucker
3. "Begin somewhere; you cannot build a reputation on what you intend to do." - Liz Smith
4. "Dig your well before you're thirsty." - Seth Godin
5. "Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely." - Auguste Rodin
6. "Either you run the day or the day runs you." - Jim Rohn
7. "Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin
8. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” - Scott Belsky
9. An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail.” - Edwin Land
10. If you make art, you'll have critics. It's easier to critique a thing than it is to make a thing." - Marie Forleo
11. "If I would have asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse.” - Henry Ford
12. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
13. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
14. "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - George S. Patton
15. "No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit." - Andrew Carnegie
16. "You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills." Jim Rohn
17. "Be stubborn on the long-term vision but flexible on the details." - Jeff Bezos
18. “Leadership is doing what is right when no one is watching.” – George Van Valkenburg
19. "The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well." - John D. Rockefeller Jr.
20. “Do not call procrastination laziness. Call it fear.” – Julia Cameron
21. "Success is not final; failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston S. Churchill
22. “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” - Drew Houston
23. “Diligence is the mother of good luck.” - Benjamin Franklin
24. "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Jim Rohn
25. “The start is what stops most people.” – Don Shula
26. “Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
27. "I didn't fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." Benjamin Franklin
28. "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great." John D. Rockefeller
29. "The value of an idea lies in the using of it." Thomas Edison
30. "Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don't wish it were easier; wish you were better." - Jim Rohn
31. "Any idea is only as valuable as its ability to solve a problem." Sally Hogshead
32. "The challenge with being an initiator of projects is that you are never, ever done." Seth Godin
33. "Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours per week." Lori Greiner
34. "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." Albert Einstein
35. "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison
36. "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein
37. "If you're looking for the next best thing, and you're looking where everyone else is, you're looking in the wrong place." Mark Cuban
38. "An artist is someone who uses bravery, insight, creativity, and boldness to challenge the status quo. And an artist takes it personally." Seth Godin
39. "The paradox is the more info you give away, the more people will buy what you have to give." Brian Clark
40. “The competitive mind is not the creative one.” Wallace D. Wattles
Do you have any favourite quotes? Share them in the comments below!